Monday, March 23, 2009

Information virtually 24 hours a day.

Welcome to critter central! The bantams still number five and appear to be doing well. I chirp and cheep at them and now they recognize my voice. And associate it with food. We are researching housing for them, and I must give a shout out to YouTube videos. I don't have the link handy, but there is this way cute Aussie building a henhouse from scraps of tin and lumber that he has scrounged. Anyhoo.

The six white bunnies are now over 5 weeks old and spend daytime outside, much to their mom's relief.



The wee babies are well, but no pictures today.

Here is L'il Bit, with a torn ear. He is four months old, very small, definitely male, and apparently full of testosterone.



Because he lost a fight with Smokey, seen here with his new squeeze, Black Mama, who is one of the kits kept inside over the winter and recently released.

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5316456564611155170" />

L'il Bit is to stay indoors from now on, because Cinnamon disapproves.



My T shirt from Disapproving Rabbits arrived today. Funny site, go there.

Lastly, spring is here. These daffodils have been in bloom for over a week.

4 comments:

rabbitIng said...

your buns are just adorable! looking at them compensates me for not being able to keep any myself at the moment. thanks a million! :)

Knitting Linguist said...

What a great t-shirt! And the babies are so darling and fluffy. I also love the gossip about who's getting along with whom ;)

Mouse said...

I love that website.. its hysterical. Your chickens sound like they are part of some sort of super hero club.. "the Bantam Five" - Bok Bok Bok!! Also.. *bunny squish* to the babies!

Susan (and SmokeyBlue in spirit) said...

Bunnies bunnies everywhere.
What to do you mean shoving daffs in my face? Mine are exactly one half inch out of the ground. hmmphhhh

But seriously, I am glad there is spring somewhere.