Saturday, November 26, 2011

Bathe weekly

I'm very tired. My brain in overloaded. I seem to have no time to myself. First world problems.

On the other hand, my bit of the new shop in High Heel is coming together nicely. Sweetie screwed in 30 or so cup hooks into the ceiling boards, and now there is "hanging potential!" It's looking great. 

I have found, already, several artisans that are willing to place their wares on consignment. Jewelry, soap, and brooms. It is as if my old store in Corydon, Arts & Artisans, has found a new and better home. 

Have I told you all that Sweetie and I have a new rescue? His name is Corky, and he is a Pembroke Corgi. He's a sweet boy, mostly well behaved, although he still growls at Millie and Reese's. And Princess is still not happy with her new friend, even after a week. What evs. We must have a peaceable kingdom here. Corky was set to be put down after his family lost their home to fire. He looks neglected and ill-fed; he has a new diet with much less corn.


We had a simple and lovely Thanksgiving with Leslie & Tommy and their kids. We brought the pumpkin pie and very good whiskey. They provided everything else.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's sweet-looking, and some of us just can't resist the urge to save the world, one beastie at a time; and bravo to you for it! Good luck with your peaceable kingdom.

I can't wait for next weekend! This time I'll bring the good whiskey.
Nancy NeverSwept

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Bless you for rescuing this wonderful little dog! Corgis are sweet little dogs. It looks like he had some burns on him from the pink areas I see. I am recovering from blisters so recognize the look. You will have him fixed up and regenerated in such a short time. Wolfie was a wreck when we got him. Love and good care works miracles.

Congratz on the new shop. High Fives!

Knitting Linguist said...

I really love your first line - so true, all of it. And your new rescue looks like he's going to be a wonderful addition to the family. Our dog (also a rescue) is part corgi, and I have developed an unexpected fondness for them, cow-herding behaviors notwithstanding.

HelenaHandbag said...

Sweet little Corky. Hmmmm, an animal survives a house fire with his family and then goes on to receive a death sentence as a result. Weird world we live in. On the one hand, it doesn't make me terribly proud to be a human. On the other hand, knowing that my friend Nancy took him in makes me very proud to be human.

Love to you and Dr. Sweetie and all the little critters at your place from me and all the critters at mine.