Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Original Formula


I'm back home again from a 10 day hospital stay. Actually, I got here Monday afternoon, but I am still feeling puny and tired.

The infection came back in spades, the one in my neck, and it was really bad this time. The doctor made an incision on the outside of my neck to allow drainage away from my body so I'll have another nice scar. It isn't painful anymore, but I will say that morphine is a delight when used responsibly. Ha ha! I also had a few episodes of a fib, but since they were without symptoms, I was told not to worry too much about it.

I have a home health care nurse coming every day to repack the wound and check my vitals, but next week, I will need to learn how to do that myself every other day. 

Other than that, we are all doing well - me, Sweetie, Princess, Corky, Snoopy, Reese's, Milly, and Bunny Boo Boo.

6 comments:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Ouch, daYmmm! You've had just about every known beast of the deep roll over you these past 12 months or so. But, congrats on the weight. Very fine, indeed!

Hope you are feeling a lot better soon.

Anonymous said...

I guess that means you will miss Shakertown! We'll miss you, and will hoist one in your honor this weekend. Get better quick; I love you.
Nancy NeverSwept

Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, gosh. That just sounds awful! I'm so glad that you seem to be really on the mend this time.

k said...

10 days! That beats my record. Cut it out.
Have you made up the story to go with the scar? Harpooned while wrestling a Great White, maybe?

FUZZARELLY said...

K, ahead of you. It's going to be an old fencing scar.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're home and doing better. Never knew about your stay back in 75 or I'd have been there for you.