Saturday, September 14, 2013

poke poke poke

Above is the pokeberry on wool. At left is the first bath, middle is second and last is a half-half mix of pokeberry and onion skins. I found and added more pokeberries to the water and vinegar jug today.

Cottons and wools. For both, from left, onion skins, wild grape leaves, and sassafras leaves. The onion and sassafras dye baths are not exhausted yet, but I tossed the grape leaves - not interesting enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We've got stag sumac up here, and I have access to black currant (I am guessing the berries are dried up or gone by now).
I've monkeyed around with the black currant - it's full of tannic acid - but i didn't get much color.
This is interesting!