Thursday, June 18, 2015

No alcohol allowed.




I don't know why I hadn't seen it, but I watched the last episode of season 3 of Sherlock. Fabulous in all the right ways! Crumpetpie Bandersnatch - what more can I say? And Mary! Excellent writing and direction, too.

And so, while I watched it, and all the little short 'behind the scenes' bits, I made another little messenger /iPad mini bag. Beautiful brown on the outside and turquoise in all its glory on the inside. And I figured out how to make a pocket. Although I had intended for it to be on the inside, but once that first cut was made, it was too late. An "aw fuck" moment, that. But I was inordinately pleased with myself, nonetheless, with how it turned out. 
















You can see where I laid some extra brown over the resist. In the rest of the bag, the brown and turquoise gently merged. The flap is all brown, too. Ah well, another thing learnt. I put a magnetic closure on the one, and all is done save for attaching the strap. Maybe. I may add some stitching to the rose, and I may do a little something at the top of the inside. It looks a bit rough.

No comments: