Friday, September 11, 2015

Hold it with your thumb.

I had an anxiety attack last night, and didn't get to sleep until 2:00. I am writing this because it is remarkable, in the old sense of 'worth noting,'  because I have been feeling so well lately. It was the old bogie man of self-doubt, and the voices played on a continuous loop - I should have done this, why did I do that, why did I say that, I can't possibly do this and so on. Today, I feel fine and am preparing for class tomorrow at Hillcreek Yarns in Columbia, where I will teach my Felted Flower Class, with a bit of Dragon Eye thrown in. Everything is in order, and I am sure it will be super. Also, I am looking forward to getting paid. 

I am working on a few new things, one being this felted bracelet.
Clicking embiggens. It's an idea in progress.


Also, made two new berets. Haven't made a hat in a long time, so it was fun. I have been trying to work with the idea that, as in opera, More is More, so I am adding beads and layering different elements. 


I hope to teach this in Fulton before Christmas, at the Art House.
I have always personally favored simplicity, so it has been hard. I feel clumsy. Maybe that is where the anxiety is coming from.


Here is a purse from last week. I don't know. It's colorful and busy, but not my style. I do like how I did the handles, though. 




Whenever I make felt rope, I am reminded of the opera singer from The Fifth Element. 






No comments: