Saturday, January 14, 2023

Something Fishy This Way Comes

 I had what turned out to be my final CT scan on December 30, and the news was not at all good. The oncologist was surprised at how well I looked and felt that day, in spite of my liver being riddled with cancer. There is nothing else to be done. He supposed that I had about 2 months, and that was already 2 weeks ago.


I have been set up with a Hospice organization. So far, I have a nurse come twice every week and a home health aide who will visit once a week. This is until I need more attention and care. For a while, I was having a rough time with nausea and vomiting. A lot. The nurse arranged for me to get some anti-nausea medicine which worked great but makes me sleepy. I can handle sleeping. 


On the knitting front, may I present the Fish Hat, from Knitty Winter Issue of 2008. 


Something the fishy has gone to live in Maine.






No comments: