Sunday, May 03, 2009

High School Diploma or Equivalent Required

It's raining again. I believe that it has rained every day this week. It is a lovely type of rain, though. Especially in farming and rural communities as it is a slow and gentle drizzle that soaks into the soil gradually with no run off. There is no thunder or lightening but rather a constant wet patter made loud when heard inside the barn, under its great metal roof.

I spent a half-hour up there this evening and the only sounds I heard were the cheep peep cheep of a few spring peepers, the rain on the roof, 23 bunnies munching their pellets, and my own self-generated noise. No cars or planes. No dogs even. It is too quiet in Hooterville.

Scary.

5 comments:

HelenaHandbag said...

I'll pick up Betty Jo, Billy Jo, and Bobby Jo and we'll mosey on over for a skinny dip in the nearest water tank. That oughtta make some noise.

rabbitIng said...

sounds good to me!! (but then I live right in the heart of the City of London :( )

Lady Euphoria Deathwatch said...

Hi Fuzzarelly,

I hear you and the rain on the roof. Soothing and sweet music. Spring 'farmer' rain has a life in it that sings to me.

Fancy a rump through the wet grass in rain boots and a slicker?

Having a cup of tea and a smile on a rainy day too.

Hugs, Euphoria

Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, I love that, especially the rain on the metal roof. That's one of my favorite sounds :)

Oh! And I forgot to mention that the spinner who usually comes to the Faire had angoras with her this year. They were so SOFT!!

Shay said...

Yeah, our farmers are starting to worry. They should have been in the fields by now.