Thursday, March 17, 2011

Twice daily by mouth.

So. 

I saw my new care giver today, and it was good. Her name is Judi, and she is a Nurse Practitioner. The entire visit was good; very good. I am so happy to be insured again. Also? They have a mental health division. Which you may know that I need. (Well, duh.)

The visit took for freaking ever, though, what with being a new patient and all the sordid medical history required. I even had to have a nebulizer treatment, as my breathing was so extremely suck ass. Blood was drawn, tears of craziness were shed, and socks were knitted in the meantime. 

Maybe I am finally at a place in time and life that I can get the help I need at a price I can afford. Ya think? With the GOP in control? I can dream.

The sorry thing is? I am so lucky to have a husband with really good bennies at his new job. I should not be in this privileged position! This should be something that everyone in the USA can have access to! It has been humiliating the last 18 months to ask for "favored" treatment because I was uninsured. ("Please, Sir, can I have some more?") 

It's just awful. I hated it. I have needed help but could not afford it. That is one reason I am now living in Missouri. Health benefits. 

2 comments:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I agree that this is something that the so called richest country in the world should have for the working classes and others who cannot find work or are too sick to work. They would rather spend it on wars of conquest and other intrigues.

It is so good that you have this now, your coverage. You've done your share of going without, m'friend. It's your turn for something good to happen.

Through a bureaucratic error, I was without healthcare for a whole year, and we count ourselves lucky that nothing of serious nature happened during that time. We would have been toast.

Frak the GOP. We know what it is they love; it's called the dollar bill!

k said...

Oh, geez, woman!
Make yourself healthy!