Monday, January 23, 2012

Several in the morning, and more at night.




All of my cholesterols are elevated. I just got the meds for that.

My blood pressure indicates that I am drifting between almost and slight hypertension. I have added a new med into the mix.

I am allergic to dogs, house dusts, ragweeds, pigweed, goldenrod, yellow dock, and red cedar. I begin weekly allergy shots in February.

My blood glucose level reveals that I have Type-2 diabetes. I will see my caregiver tomorrow to begin training and treatment.

Wednesday? I get to see my therapist!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course I try to be a glass-half-full kind of person, but this doesn't sound too bad. Both the cholesterol and the diabetes respond very well to diet & exercise changes, and now that you have both a good GP and a therapist to support you, it is no longer an insurmountable thing. The dog allergy is bothersome, but the lack of fields of ragweed in your new home is good. Things could be worse! And your friends love you.
NancyNeverSwept

zippiknits...sometimes said...

You are definitely on your way to better health. And, Diabetes can give you all sorts of emotional troubles, blood sugar whips, so the sooner you found out about it and could get it treated the better. You are going to be feeling a whole lot better. Hugs! Yay for the therapist visits!

Sorry you tested positive to dogs. I word of hope. My DD is allergic to dogs but she isn't/wasn't to either our pure poodle or to Wolfie, who is a Shipoo.

Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, WOW. That's a lot to find out all at once. I'm glad you got all those tests, though - better to know than not...